Thursday, February 11, 2010

No "Clean Gene" There

This picture is hilarious to me!!! Anyone who has hung with me at all knows that there is no way that this could be a room occupied by a Cowman child. I have my hangers color coordinated and all my shirts hang in the same direction. As a recovering perfectionist with a tendency to be a tad compulsive, one wonders just how people are born with such diverse personalities and traits.

I have two children who must have received from me the "clean gene". I have two other children who must have not received the "clean gene". These particular children are great. They are very social, fun loving and kind. Of the four of my children they would be least attached to personal belongings. They are not very sentimental when it comes to things.

For the better part of ten years, I have been trying to convince, plead, beg, demand and manipulate someone to clean their room. When asked she willingly complies. She regularly and conveniently closes her door, with the hope that I will just walk on by and forget to look.

This morning she forgot to shut the door.

As I walked by her room I smiled and actually chuckled a little bit. A tornado had hit again but as for this girl she was living large - she was on to more important things. I will go home tonight and ask her to clean her room. She will jump right up and do it with a good attitude but this one thing I know.... She will not be cleaning anything anytime soon because she chooses to.


The take away.... celebrating what makes a person unique versus trying to make them comform to your image is alot less painful for both individuals. Next time you find yourself wanting someone to change for your benefit, take a moment to appreciate what makes them so unique and special to your life.
Just thought you might want to see the closet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Look Ahead

  2023 has been a year for me to step back and seek a little direction for the journey ahead. A lot of things have happened over the last tw...