Thursday, April 22, 2010


I thought I would share a few photos of my race car and answer some questions about why I race.
When did you get interested in racing ? I was born in Knoxville, Iowa. Anyone who knows anything about racing recognizes that Knoxville is a hub for dirt track racing in the Midwest. My dad would take me to the races.


How did you end up getting into racing here? One name ...Randy Uppinghouse.... We share the same love for the sport. He has been around it all his life and knows how to tune a car. We hooked up at church one Sunday and the rest is history.


Why do you race? I race because it is an outlet. With my calling it is easy to be consumed with the challenges of the ministry. There is no time (not even a second) in a race car to think about anything other than what you are doing. It requires one hundred percent focus because you are making many decisions a second. In the car you have to be able to multi-task and make split-second decisions.


How long do you think you will do it ? I have a personal philosophy that you can't wait to start living until you have time or money. You will never live. There is a time for everything. I have been in the ministry since I was twenty-five, and I have not made the time for lots of hobbies. Randy and I have an agreement to take this racing thing one year at a time.

What is your favorite part? That is a tough question...I love the side by side racing, the speed, the quick decision making and extreme focus that it takes. Let me say this....It's a lot more difficult than it looks.












No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Look Ahead

  2023 has been a year for me to step back and seek a little direction for the journey ahead. A lot of things have happened over the last tw...