Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Not Happy with Your Church?

I have been a part of church for nearly all my life. I have experienced about everything a person could imagine. I have served in many aspects and postions. I have met some of the most awesome people and many have become life-long friends. There are so many things that I have learned about life and living within the context of an assembly of believers.

I really don't understand why people say they are unhappy with their churches. It is like a brother saying he doesn't like his sister or a mother who doesn't love her children. Human relationships are based on giving and sacrifice. The more a person gives and serves, the more satisfied a person becomes with their contribution to their time on earth.

I was again reminded this week about the importance and value of being a part of a church. I watched our church family care for and love one another like few I've seen. We experienced a massive storm this week, leaving many in difficult positions. Some had trees down, others lost power, while some even had flooding.

People who are followers of Christ were born again to serve. Jesus came to serve and not to be served. Many today are looking to be served, therefore they seem to be dissatisfied, disgruntled, and even lost in the context of needs greater than theirs. It doesn't take long before a person living in community finds others who are hurting more than they are. These are the moments of truth!!

I went to three homes today, helping people get there lives back on track. The fellows I went with were ready and willing to help in any way they could. We had such a precious time serving alongside one another. We focused on the work at hand and got the job done. It is important to remember and never forget the value of the Body of Christ. Our actions toward one another speak louder than any words we could ever share.

If you are not "happy" with your church, you should take a long, hard look into your heart. When was the last time you sacrificed your time, money, or effort for someone you sit by in your place of worship? Seriously, a sacrifice, coming away tired, worn out, broke, and nothing left to give. I am so glad that I am a part of a place that is not perfect but people genuinely want the best for those that they attend church with and they show it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Look Ahead

  2023 has been a year for me to step back and seek a little direction for the journey ahead. A lot of things have happened over the last tw...