Thursday, October 3, 2013

Why We Do What We Do and How to Change It



I read a lot...I mean a lot. I try not to read only books about church stuff and theology. If you have ever noticed my Shelfari bookshelf, you'll see that I am all over the map with my interests. Most of the time, a book will capture my interest in the first three or four chapters, but by the time chapter five rolls around, I'm ready to put it down.

I recently have been reading a book that a friend recommended (thanks Stephen). It is entitled The Power of Habit. It is subtitled "Why We Do What We Do and How to Change It". I have not been able to put this book down. I find myself wanting to get back to the next page each time I put the silly thing down. It has amazing stories interwoven into the premious of the book. The stories are the cords that pull the book together neatly and logically.

I am not going to tell you the details of  book, nor am I going to give a review. I would simply say that this book is for those who have bad habits or habitually find themselves in the same place they don't like over and over again. I continually hear people say, "I don't like my... body, job, school, relationships, church, husband, wife, life, kids, spiritual journey..."

If you find yourself on the crazy wheel time and time again, you may want check this book out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Look Ahead

  2023 has been a year for me to step back and seek a little direction for the journey ahead. A lot of things have happened over the last tw...