Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Very Special Day

Have you ever had a dream come true? Today was one of those days! Our family went to East St. Louis, Illinois to help my son, Matt at the Christian Activity Center where he serves as the chaplain.

We spent the day mowing, weeding, trimming and cleaning up CAC park. It is an amazing space in the middle of a very dark place. Matt ministers in the projects of the most violent city in the United States. He works with children from 5-18 years old, providing for them a place of hope and safety.



It was so cool serving alongside him. Matt is so passionate about what he does. Matt desires to impact the neighborhood by being a neighbor. Watching my other children interact and work together was very fulfilling. My children have been a part of the gospel ministry their entire lives. As Matt introduced our family to his little friends, my girls came to life.


We got so much done and had a blast doing it. I am excited to bring two more groups from Columbus Road in the next month. I would encourage you to go to http://www.cacesl.org/ to find out more about this unique ministry.




No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Look Ahead

  2023 has been a year for me to step back and seek a little direction for the journey ahead. A lot of things have happened over the last tw...