Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Graduation at Greenville College

Our New Christmas Picture 

I am very proud of Matt Cowman. It is great that he graduated from college. I never doubted that he would. He is a focused young man who has a lot to offer to others. I am proud of the impact he made while at Greenville. He made a conscious decision to invest in the lives of others. It was very evident on the last day there that he did not waste any time.
My Three Boys (Mike, Jay, and Matt)


Our family hosted countless young people in our home over the last four years due to Matt's hospitality. Any person who could not go home for a break ended up at our place. We interned one of Matt's friends, Jay Yousef, and practically adopted Michael Carlisle over the four years. Many others greeted our family on graduation day. Parents, professors, and students, all thanking us for Matt. This is what I am truly proud of.

So here is my take away from Sunday. Thank you, Greenville College, for developing and facilitating the gifts and abilities in Matt. He has been given so many opportunities to impact others. Greenville is a very good school that I highly recommend. Another thing that I have been reminded of is that a school should be judged by the people it develops, and not the pedigree that it provides. Few employers today ask where you went to school.

I Couldn't Resist


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Look Ahead

  2023 has been a year for me to step back and seek a little direction for the journey ahead. A lot of things have happened over the last tw...